- Get the Samsung Mobile Modem drivers (for example here) and install them on your computer.
- On the phone, dial ##634# and hit call. Another (different) dialer shows up. (If it does not work the first time, try dialing ##634# again)
- In the new dialer enter *#7284#, a 3-choice menu should show up.
- To enable tethering, choose the 2nd option. You will have to reboot your phone to apply the new setting.
- After reboot, connect the phone to your computer via USB. A Samsung USB Modem should be detected.
The Omnia 7 is now ready for tethering, exact setting differ per carrier so some of the next steps only apply to Vodafone. I’m also assuming you are using Windows 7, but instructions are alike on other windows versions.
- Open up the “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Set-up a new connection and choose dial-up connection.
- If your Omnia 7 is connected correctly you should be able to choose “Samsung Modem”.
- For Vodafone the required dialing number is *99#.
- For both username and password enter: vodafone
- You should now be able to connect!
- Using tethering temporarily disables Zune syncing. To go back to Zune syncing mode repeat above steps 2 and 3 and choose Zune sync (1st option).
This method works with my Samsung Omnia 7, but might also work with other WP7 phones. Also this should work with other carriers, although the required settings will differ. Let me know in the comments if you managed to get this to work on other phones/carriers and what settings you used. Happy tethering!
Trackback from your site.